If you want to be involved in connecting St. Louis with the world, consider an internship!
The World Affairs Council typically hosts volunteer interns to assist with arranging the IVLP visits, organizing membership information, researching area resources, welcoming visitors, and other office projects. Internships are available for either the summer, fall, or spring semesters.
- Undergraduate students interning to receive class credit or graduate students whose area of study is relevant to the internship
- Effective communication skills in English, evidenced by application materials and interview
- Proven time and project management
- Creativity, efficiency, and team skills
- Developed and demonstrated cross-cultural competence
Benefits to Intern
- Practical application of knowledge and skills learned in the classroom
- Exposure to multiple aspects of nonprofit operations and an office environment
- Opportunities to work with professionals from all over the world through WAC-STL’s work with IVLP
Please note that as of April 2019 our Summer 2019 internship spots have been closed. However, we are still seeking a full roster for Fall 2019 interns. Please keep in mind that during the school year we can only accept applications from interns who will be earning class credit for their internship with WAC-STL.