Core Mission: Education
Mission: We connect St. Louis to the world on current matters important to all people in understanding global culture, policy and business.
Vision: To be the primary source of international discovery and engagement fo the St. Louis region
The WAC-STL, one of 90 chapters of the World Affairs Councils of America, connects St. Louis to the world by focusing on current issues of policy, culture and business, as well as educating young people on the need for global engagement.
- Promoting “citizen diplomacy” by hosting nearly 200 visitors through a State Department global exchange program
- Offering monthly speakers on topics related to timely global issues
- Hosting events with ambassadors to the US from strategically important countries
- Honoring the Gateway Globes Humanitarian of the Year
- Hosting the Great Decisions program and
- Gathering nearly 30 high school teams in a challenge to see who’s most knowledgeable about international relations through Academic WorldQuest